Friday, February 29, 2008

Blue Dahlia by Nora Roberts


4 STARS

In the Garden Trilogy - Book 1

Well, I zipped though this one. What a FUN read! I like the basic premise of the three different women at three different stages of their lives; the young pregnant woman, the widowed mother of two young boys and the widowed and divorced mother of three adult sons. 

This book, the first of the trilogy focuses on Stella, the widowed mom with the young boys. Stella is anal. There's no other word for it. *grin* She has to organize and catagorize and plan and sort everything in her life. And then Logan arrives on the scene and throws that all into a cocked hat - or tries to. I liked that he wasn't able to change her organized ways except where her emotions are concerned. And even then! 

I will say, the best scenes in the book for me - and there were many scenes of all sorts that I loved - but the best were the scenes with Logan and the two boys. I laughed aloud at their antics on more than one occasion. Nora is at her best with the dialogue in these scenes, in my opinion. 

Oh, and did I mention the ghost? Yeah, spookies! The Harper Bride ghost gave extra oomph to the plot surrounding the In The Garden nursery and garden centre that is the reason for these women to have come together.

All in all, a very enjoyable read and I'm on to part 2 of the trilogy with high hopes!

No comments:

Post a Comment