Sunday, May 19, 2013

Tart by Lauren Dane

3 STARS

Delicious - Book 2

I wanted to love this book to bits and I tried, but unfortunately it just wasn't happening for me. I will say that it was a fun romp with a bunch of steamy sex scenes. 

The heroine, Jules, was all kinds of perfect. Supposedly she had flaws, but I never saw them. The two men were perfect as well. The smooth, handsome lawyer and the earthy, rugged man of the earth. Did they have flaws? Not really. The lawyer was a rotten housekeeper, but that's about it. All in all, they were characters designed for a light, sexy romp, but I missed character development. And given the set-up, I think there could have been some, but then it would have been a totally different book.

There were also a ton and a half of characters mentioned. I didn't think the story needed most of them. Maybe it was because this is the second book in a series? For my liking there were just far too many and their presence took away from the story itself.

I had a few technical problems with the book. Hopping POVs where I had to go back and reread to figure out who was doing and saying what. Sneaky scene changes. Sentences that didn't make a lot of sense to me, and sentences repeated from one paragraph to the next. I think I was expecting the story about the creation of a triad and all the trials and tribulations and work that would have to go into making it work. 

Another reviewer likened Tart to a menage fairy tale and that's a pretty good description. Light on the angst and soul-searching. Everything came together easily for Jules, Cal and Gideon. More easily than I was expecting. So a Menage fairy tale? Yeah, when I look at it that way, it was a good one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment