Saturday, June 22, 2013

Covet Thy Neighbor by L.A. Witt

4 STARS

Tucker Springs - Book 4

What a fun, heartfelt read! 

Let me start by saying that I'm in love with Seth the tattoo artist. And quite honestly, I expected him to be the 'aggressor' in this story of two men falling in love. But you know what? He wasn't! It was the minister, Darren who was really pursuing Seth. And I really liked him too! We need more men of God like him. Seriously. 

The story is told in the first person, and told well. Some writers don't handle first person POV very well, but L.A. certainly does. I didn't feel that I was missing out on anything only seeing the story through Seth's eyes (which isn't always the case.) There was also, given the Main Characters, a good deal of talk about religion and beliefs, the difference between the two, the place that gay holds especially in Big C Christianity. I was worried that it would feel like preaching to me, or even scolding, but it all flowed quite naturally. 

The only agenda that was being served was the love story between the minister and the atheist.So, yes, this 4th volume in the Tucker Springs universe is great! Read it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment