Wednesday, October 2, 2013

30 Day Challenge - Day 2

Day 2 - A book that you’ve read more than 3 times.

Instead of going to my fallback of To Kill A Mockingbird, I decided to change it up this time and choose Deryni Rising by Katherine Kurtz because of it's importance to my reading life.

I was around 15 years old and my reading obsessions at the time were historical romances, mysteries and Harlequins. I was at my aunt's and she'd received a box of books from a lady she worked with and told me I could check through and see if anything appealed to me. I found Deryni Rising. It was set in something similar to the middle ages, it had kings and queens and the like and it would wile away a summer's afternoon.

Well, my friends, it certainly passed that afternoon and started my love affair with fantasy novels, an affair that's going on 40+ years. :) I reread Deryni Rising from time to time. I must be up to about 10 times now. I reread others in the Deryni series as well. They are total faves of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment