Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Trailer Park Fae by Lilith Saintcrow

3.5 STARS

Gallow and Ragged - Book 1

The first book in the Gallow and Ragged series was pretty much a scene setter for the whole series, I think. At least it felt that way to me.

I really liked the character of Jeremy Gallow, half-sidhe construction worker who has withdrawn from the world of the sidhe. He's cranky, even mean at times. He has a dry, depricating wit that I much appreciated. And you know, he's a good representation of the halfbreed anti-hero type, one of my kinks. :)

Robin, the heroine? I'm not sure yet. Just when I think I like her, she leaves me scratching my head and wanting to shake her.

Anyway, this was an okay read. There was a lot of scene-setting and fancy prose surrounding all things fae-ish that I felt was a bit over-done for my liking, but YMMV. I have come to the conclusion that urban fantasy - while I do enjoy some of it - is really not my go-to genre. I will most likely read others in the series when they come out, but it won't be a rush to buy.

Oh, and the cover of this one might not be stunningly beautiful but it sure is eye-catching in a positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment