Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Boss by Abigail Barnette

3.5 STARS

The Boss - Book 1

This was an unabashed romp of erotic proportions. :) Written in response to the horrific Fifty Shades of Grey, this is truly how it should be done. Even down to the cliffhanger ending that made me scream under my breath even though I knew it was coming. :)

There's no abuse here. Our hero, Neil, is a powerful man and a very rich man in his forties and I love Abigail for that. :) He knows what he wants and knows how to get it. However, he never, ever forces, coerces or threatens Sophie, our lovely young heroine, into doing anything, and that alone made this book a fun read. :)

I wish I could have read this before the other book because then I would have just sailed through, enjoying the hot, steamy sex, the clever dialogue, the interesting secondary characters and all the plot twists and turns. As it was, I kept saying to myself... YES, that's how it's done. Yes, she's a better character, he's a better character. YES, this plot turn makes sense.

So, in the end, I totally enjoyed the read and will definitely have to pick up the next book, The Girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment