Sunday, July 17, 2016

Children of Earth and Sky by Guy Gavriel Kay

4.5 STARS

This man writes the most beautiful books. I can totally immerse myself in the worlds he creates, worlds that are almost ours but just a step to the left. :) He does things with words and sentences that should be so completely wrong, but they work! THEY WORK!

Along with amazingly real worlds, GGK creates the most real and intriguing characters, be they rulers or workers, priests or artists, they're all so complete and authentic. If I stop to think about it, it boggles my mind. In a good way of course!

I wish I was clever enough to write coherently about how I feel about this book, but I just want to stand up and shake my hands while jumping up and down. *LOL*

Here's a link to a review by someone who says things far more eloquently than I ever could.

No comments:

Post a Comment