Friday, August 26, 2016

The Palace Job by Patrick Weekes

3.5 STARS

Rogues of the Republic - Book 1

It's billed as a fun-filled romp and it's actually pretty much a fun-filled romp. :)

I don't know that it breaks new ground in the fantasy genre, but The Palace Job is very entertaining. It's a heist book and I love heist books. Call it a very early exposure to Ocean's Eleven - the Frank Sinatra original. :)

I liked the fact that the leader of the band of rogues is a woman and she is oh so very capable, but she has flaws too. They all have flaws. Even the shape-changing unicorn. *LOL*

I bought the 3 books (so far) of the Rogues of the Republic series when they were on sale - a guts call - and I'm glad I did. The Palace Job was a really fun read and I'm looking forward to getting around to the other two. (Remember, I don't binge read series.)

No comments:

Post a Comment