Thursday, November 10, 2016

The Long Way Home by Louise Penny

5 STARS

Chief Inspector Armand Gamache - Book 10

Another winner! Big surprise, eh? :) 

In this, the 10th Gamache book, things are a little more quiet, a little more personal, a little less grand - as they needed to be after the culmination of major series arcs in the previous novel. This felt like a chance to catch our breath as well as see where all our old friends have ended up.

Again, not only do we have the mystery of the missing artist, but we have the mystery of what's going on inside our characters. I love how Louise manages to parallel both threads of plot.

This series really makes me wish I could write in depth essays on books the way some people do, but I can just tell you that I loved the book, loved where the author has taken some of her cast of characters this time, loved the settings and just loved her story-telling voice, period.

I have one more Gamache book in my Kobo and then hopefully the 12th book will have come down a bit in price and then I'm going to be stuck waiting like everyone else for the 13th Gamache tale!

Oh, and if you were wondering, the picture on the cover is supposed to be upside down.  :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment