Thursday, January 26, 2012

Luck in the Shadows by Lynn Flewelling

4 STARS

Nightrunner - Book 1

Lovely! Why did I wait so long to read this?

It was a very, very enjoyable tale with engaging characters set in a familiar yet unique world filled with adventures. There was a real 'getting to know you' vibe about the book, which is natural, I suppose, seeing as it's the first in a series. :) 

I love Alec and Serengil and Micum and... well, I loved the whole cast of characters. *LOL* The only thing that brought this down from a 5 star for me was the abrupt, cliff-hanger-like ending. Maybe because I felt it was the wrong character to wrap things up with? Maybe. All I know is, I cursed out loud. *LOL*

There is one thing that annoys me terribly with e-books, and that's the terrible formatting for scene changes and "skipping lines" to indicate passage of time or a change of POV. Not the author's fault AT ALL, but it is a bit of a pain and pulls you out of the story at times. But, yes, I MUST read the next book and the next and so on... I Love these boys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment