Thursday, April 21, 2011

Making Promises by Amy Lane

5 STARS

Promises - Book 2

This is the second of the "Promises" books - "Keeping Promise Rock" being the first. As soon as I finished the first one, I had downloaded "Making Promises" to my e-reader. I enjoyed "Rock" so much, I was pretty sure "Making" wouldn't let me down. 

And it sure didn't! If anything, I liked it more!

Okay, so I have a bit of a soft spot for a Russian Dancer with attitude, that may have had a little to do with it, but Mikhail and Shane's story is so much more than just Mikhail. It's about learning to trust, it's about believing in someone, it's about letting go when you're hurting the most in order to get something much better back. Again, Amy Lane writes the most deliciously flawed characters. That, I think, is what makes her books stand out for me. And her dialogue! She writes lovely dialogue; real men speaking, you know? 

As I did with the first book, I laughed, I swore, I cried; and when it was over, I was left with a wistful smile on my face wishing I were part of that lovely family at The Pulpit ranch, just outside Levee Oaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment