Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Flesh Cartel - Wins and Losses by Heidi Belleau and Rachel Haimowitz

5 STARS

The Flesh Cartel - Episode 5

This installment of The Flesh Cartel packs as heavy an emotional punch as the first of the series did for me. Just when you think there might be a bit of a let up in what Mat and Dougie are forced to experience and endure, WHAM, Heidi and Rachel gut-punch you. 

This is some seriously well-written stuff, my friends. I had thought the brothers' world small and shrunken before, but in this volume, it shrinks and tightens around them even more. The hurt, the pain, the dashing of a sudden small glimmer of hope; I choked up more than once, I have to admit. 

What it takes to write this series must be incredibly draining, I would think. Rewarding too, because they make it work. 

And I don't know if I'm supposed to hate Nikolai, but I don't, so maybe all his tactics and mind-fucking are working on me! Next installment due at the end of the month. I will be waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment