Sunday, August 18, 2013

Crux by Moira Rogers

4 STARS

Southern Arcana - Book 1

I am very much not a paranormal/shifter romance fan, but I am a fan of Kit Rocha (another authorial alter-ego of Bree and Donna), so I was willing to give this a try. 

OH MY, I did enjoy it! :) 

It's the characters - I love the cast of characters that have been created for this 'universe'. Even Mackenzie, who had the very real possibility of becoming the tearful, scared, oh my God I need a big strong man, heroine that we see so often in so many 'suspenseful' romances - came off as likable. Her banter in the sex scenes with Jackson made me chuckle quite a bit. (And yes, the sex scenes are very, very steamy and hot.) And the kissing - oh, these girls write kissing like no one else! :)

I did think that the resolution with the bad guy seemed too easy, but the ramping up to it was a lot of fun. I must say that for a first book in a romance series, it certainly did its job by drawing me in, making me care a lot for the characters, and definitely piqued my interest for the rest of the series. 

And yes, I'm in love with Alec and am petrified that something terrible is going to happen to him. *LOL*

No comments:

Post a Comment