Saturday, September 21, 2013

Devil at the Crossroads by Cornelia Grey

4 STARS

A Deal with the Devil Story

(This post originally appeared on Goodreads last year when I read the book. For some reason it did not transfer here to Booklikes.)
My goodness, I enjoyed this! There weren't any surprises, any new twists of a way to write a story, any fancy writing to make it edgy and supposedly new, just some good, solid, story-telling. It felt brief and I guess at a little under 20K words, it is, but it was definitely rich with atmosphere and two characters that I quite enjoyed; definitely how I would expect a tale of a bluesman and a devil to read. 

And the sex was steamy, steamy hot. :)

This is the first work I've read by Cornelia Grey and I would totally read her again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment