Friday, November 15, 2013

The Flesh Cartel - Permanent Record by Heidi Belleau and Rachel Haimowitz

4.5 STARS

The Flesh Cartel - Episode 11

I really enjoyed this installment of The Flesh Cartel. We got more into both Mat's and Dougie's thought processes about where they're at now. It's more Mat's story this time around, I think. About how he feels about Dougie's (seeming to him) betrayal, about Roger and about all his thoughts, fears and resignation for the future. There's also some time in Dougie's head and I find it totally fascinating to see where the boy is now as compared to his arrival at Nicolai's, for instance. I also think it was a very wise move on the part of the authors to remind us that Dougie is young. 24, I think? And we learn more about what will be expected of him by his new owner, Allen.

As well, we are introduced to Nate, the detective and his partner Louise. He's had a crush on Mat for a long while and he finds the disappearance of the brothers to be... unsettling. :)

I dread the next installment. It's not going to be easy to read, I don't think. But that's part of why I love this serial. It's tough, it makes you want to turn away, it's fascinating in it's horror and it continues to break my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment