Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Hell on Wheels by Z.A. Maxfield

4 STARS

Sometimes you're just in the mood for a fun, sexy, heart-tugging romance and that's exactly what Hell on Wheels is.

Hell on Wheels is part of Riptide's Bluewater Bay series but even so, it's a total standalone. (For a change!). It stars Nash, a mechanic and all round good guy and Spencer, the British TV star who is really rather tightly wound. Spencer is fresh from his very publicly ruined marriage and Nash, well he's just been hooking up when the spirit moves him, more intent on being available for his family. His dad, Ace, his little sister, Shelby and his faraway twin brother, Healey. There is baggage on both sides and it's logical, realistic baggage.

I really enjoyed this book. Z.A. Maxfield - ZAM - has become one of my favourite M/M romance authors. I love her dialogue and her characters almost always ring true. And now that I think about it, I believe that I've shed a soft-hearted tear or two while reading all of her books. I also tend to laugh aloud on occasion when I read her books.

Oh, of special note, I totally enjoyed Tick and Bast, Spencer's assistant and bodyguard. They were much, much fun. :)

Hell on Wheels hit the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment