Monday, June 6, 2016

Tequila Mockingbird by Rhys Ford

4 STARS

Sinners Series - Book 3

I have yet to be disappointed by a Rhys Ford book and Tequila Mockingbird is no exception.

This is the 3rd volume in the Sinners Series and in it we meet another Morgan brother, Connor, the eldest and the man that steals his heart, Forest Ackerman. (And no, he's not named after famed science fiction writer Forrest J. Ackerman.) Forest is a drummer and he's had one helluva life, especially compared to the boisterous, loving family life that the Morgan family brings.

The tale of Connor and Forest discovering their love for each other is swift and sweet, of course, the swiftness might just be me devouring this very devourable book. I will admit that Forest brought me to tears on more than one occasion. His past was so horrible and he just wanted to be loved and cared for and Connor was so lovely with him. And Connor's mom, Brigid, was just as lovely. And then the scene with Connor and his dad. OMG, here, take my heart!

I love these characters. I think that's Rhys' strength, the characters that she creates never fail to tug at my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment